I have gotten a lot of mixed responses from my last blog post, publicly positive ones....but privately not so much. That is ok. I expected it. Does it still hurt to hear? Of course. I wouldn't be human if it didn't. However, no regrets.
God has been nudging me for awhile about be more open with the vision/convictions of our family. As I stated in my prior blog, I am well aware this isn't the place God has called every family to be. There are different things we feel strongly about (because of experiences) and are convicted on than even our closest friends/family. God knows what our family needs to be equipped with for the certain things he has planned for us. As most of you have read before, we have had struggles and we have baggage that not a lot of other families can relate to. Does this mean that I meant to imply that we are better parents, are holier than you, or think your family is going to hell in a hand basket? Absolutely not. These are the choices we make for ours. Not all of them have been easy, or came about overnight. Nor have we always agreed on all of them. But we know our history's', we know our children, and we know what God telling us...for today.
For today, He is leading other families to home school...but not us.
For today, He is leading other families to not eat meat/corn/wheat, etc....not us.
For today, He is leading other families to not use antibiotics....not us.
For today, He is leading other families to limit their sugar intake to one serving a day....not us.
For today, He is leading other families to not allow the girls to wear makeup or pants....not us.
For today, He is leading other families to leave everything behind and go minister in a third world country...but not us.
Do I think these families are judging me because they have shared this info and reasoning behind it? No. Do I always understand the "whys". Nope. Sometimes do I think some of that is a little cuckoo cachoo? Yep. But I am not who they have to answer to.
Again, I am secure in posting our choices. I feel that if one family can know they are not alone, or one child can be prevented from being bullied or seeing a pornographic image, then the hate mail is all worth it.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago

4 comments:
I just read your post from yesterday (missed it somehow). I couldn't be more proud of your beliefs and parenting roles. Dave and I keep talking about how lax people are with their children these days. It's nice to see that there are other parents that are still 100% active in their children's upbringing and make conscious decisions on a daily basis on how to raise those children. You SHOULD hold your head up high on your beliefs...other's may not agree with you, but that's for them to decided what's best for their family. Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts and beliefs XOXO
I also agree with your post from yesterday, teaching accountability is much harder than saying "NO". I am not a parent and I am not sure how I would handle any of your situations, but as an educator of "adults" I appreciate any parent that teaches responsibility. Oh and it never hurts to teach them creative thinking or you DO NOT get everything you ask for :)
This comment is for both posts...I am thankful God blessed our family with you! The choices you and Kyle make in how to raise your children are yours. What others say (negatively) in situations always makes me think that maybe, just maybe, they truly long to be that way or have what you have. Jesus says we are to use words to "edify" His people not for negativity. (paraphrased of course) You are both doing a wonderful job in raising your children. I like how they are learning the value of money, how to save, and spend money that belongs to them and not want want want all the time. I also like when I spend time with them, they don't wanna just watch tv!!! They want to paint, swing, play outside, do crafts, color, etc. Meaningful activities that make memories!!!! Anyway...my point in saying all this is....you said that you and Kyle will be accountable for how you raised the children and you are right. That's why it shouldn't matter what others think...although I love your honesty about how it does hurt when people say hurtful things...that is true....but just remember Jesus is the ultimate judge and He will have His say when all is said and done! You and Kyle continue doing what you are doing! Keep your chins up and continue on the path of righteousness!!!! God will continue to bless all you have done and are doing!!!! Thanks for sharing your heart in these blogs! I am truly greatful and thankful you are part of my life and my family!!!!!
I liked your last blog post and could identify with so many choices you make for your family. Mine are still very young so we haven't had to cross some of those bridges yet but I agree with your choices. I think we have so much more to think about and so many more choices to make today. Our parents were so lucky they didn't have to worry about the internet, Facebook, cell phones, etc!
Post a Comment