...He just does. He loves me for no reason at all other than I am me.
I don't have to do anything to earn His love and I'm not going to lose it if I say or do the wrong thing. I don't have to convince Him that my heart was in the right place, He already knows. I don't have to plead with Him to understand, He already does. I can cry to Him and He doesn't think I am weak. He hurts when I hurt. He has felt the same sting of rejection. He knows the feeling of being ridiculed when all He was doing, He was doing out of love for them. I don't have to defend myself to Him, HE is MY defender. I don't have to prove my worth or earn my keep with Him. I just have to BE.
I know there will be more days like this when I feel like there is a storm cloud hovering above me, but no more will I allow myself to feel unworthy....rejected...unlovable....misunderstood...alone. Because no matter what man may do to me or think of me (and man being adult or child).....HE LOVES ME...and that is all that matters...
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago

5 comments:
At first I was jealous because I wished I had someone who loved my like that and then I realized I already do!!
you are so right baby. The people closest to us can hurt us the most.Except for Jesus.The closer we are to him the more we know He would never hurt us.It's funny how much we say we don't care what people say or do to us or think about us; but then we find out how wrong we are when we get our feelings hurt.We DO care.People can lift us up AND tear us down... as much as we let them.We love hearing good things about ourselves from others but cringe at the thought that somebody doesn't like us or takes offense at something we do or say.Something inside of us longs to be accepted by people.Think how silly it really sounds.We want people, just like you and I, to tell us who we are and what we are about.And Jesus just wants us to know that He alone loves us the way we want the world to love us...for who we are; scars and all.It is hard to always think like that.It is hard to really really not care what people think, or do, or say.Thank goodness we have Jesus, who is the One True Judge, and yet does not condemn us.We are His, and No One can take that away.
If anyone was confused...that ws my beloved who posted comment above...
Beautiful post & so true!! What a great reminder.
Well said! Such a great reminder!
Post a Comment